Monday, July 9, 2012

Classic and Musical Movies Marathon - Part Three

Little Shop of Horrors

"A nerdish florist finds his chance for success and romance with the help of a giant man-eating plant who demands to be fed." -IMDB

1986

Hello musical and cheesy 1980s movie combination!!! Could there be anything better? YES add Rick Moranis and Steve Martin and hello a blockbuster in Alesha's eyes! But in all seriousness Little Shop was the first musical I ever saw live and I have been in love with it ever since! The music is spectacular and the 80s film style fits just perfectly! If you haven't seen this movie please do! Trust me cheesy 80s movies are where it is at!



Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary

"Fifteen years after the historic 10th anniversary concert, the international musical sensation Les Misérables returned for a 25th anniversary concert at London's O2 Arena ." -Amazon.com

2010

If you haven't seen the movie, the musical or read the book don't watch this, you will be so confused. There is a major difference between a musical and a concert. This is a concert and it only showcases the songs from the musical and not the storyline; which is what could make it confusing. If you have read the book, seen the movie or read the book and like one of the above this might be worth your while. I personally like Les Miserables but while I found the music and singing amazing it was very, very long and drawn out. With out the story line it was a bit boring for me. 

I will just have to wait until the new movie comes out and wait for Ann Hathaway to die and then appreciate it! (Sorry but she is a horrible singer.)



No comments:

Post a Comment