I have had Netflix for about two years now and in the past had only used it to rent new releases and TV shows. However over the past couple months I started putting only classic movies and musical movies in my queue. I started this marathon due to the fact that I realized there were so many great classics and musical movies I hadn't seen or hadn't seen in a while.
Here are the first few in my queue and my reviews of them:
"A musical based on the New York City newsboy strike of 1899. When young newspaper sellers are exploited beyond reason by their bosses they set out to enact change and are meet by the ruthlessness of big business." -IMDB
1992
LOVE! So so good! Not to mention all of the great actors in it who were kids then and big stars now! This movie is definitely one of my new favorites!
"A young ballet dancer is torn between the man she loves and her pursuit to become a prima ballerina." -IMDB
1948
While I thought the dancing was wonderful and who doesn't love red ballet shoes I can't say this will be added to my dance movie collection. I found the plot a bit slow and wasn't necessarily interested in the actual story.
"A young New York socialite becomes interested in a young man who has moved into her apartment building." -IMDB
1961
OMG I couldn't get enough of this movie! I found the character of Holly so interesting and fun it made me want to spend the whole day doing things I had never done before! Not to mention Audrey Hepburn... va va boom; she was gorgeous! This is one movie will have to purchase and watch over and over again!
Up next in my queue: Cabaret, Thoroughly Modern Millie and Les Miserables






No comments:
Post a Comment